[Digikam-users] Albums - possible to have more than one, or change sort order?

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 06:51:59 GMT 2007

Am Monday 26 November 2007 schrieb Chris G:
> Is there any way to start digikam with a different 'root' album
> directory? I'd find it very useful to be able to do this.

In the upcoming KDE4 version of digiKam, multi-root albums are possible, but
it is not planned for 0.9 series anymore.

> It seems to be possible by creating a custom configuration file (I
> copied /home/chris/.kde/share/config/digikamrc) and then using the
> --config command line option.  Is there a neater way of doing this?

I'm afraid not.

> Alternatively is there any way to change the sort order of directories
> within the 'root' album, or even hide some of them?

The sort order can be changed (View menu) between folder, collection and date,
and the order can be inverted.
No hiding feature so far in digikam. You have to rename the album from outside
digiKam to .folder to hide it.

Gerhard

--
http://www.gerhard.fr