[Digikam-users] Digikam won't display and jpegs

Mark Doughty me at markdoughty.co.uk
Sun Nov 25 17:15:27 GMT 2007

Hi,

I installed DigiKam today to manage my latest holiday snaps. I was
impressed when I plugged in my camera and it was automatically detected
and showed me the thumbnails that were on my camera. However once I
download the images from the camera digikam refuses to display them.
I've checked on the hard disk and all the jpg files are there in the
right folder. I can even open them using other programs such as the gimp
and showfoto.

The 2 avi files which were on the camera show up fine in digikam but
none of the jpgs. I checked in the mime types box and the extensions
*.jpg and *.jpeg are there. I also tried importing other photos (taken
with a different camera) Digikam won't show any in jpeg format but works
fine if its a png or tiff.

It looks like I've somehow managed to build digikam without jpeg support
but I can't figure out what it is i've done wrong!

I'm using Gentoo and digikam version 0.91

Thanks in advance for the help

Mark