[Digikam-users] 0.9.3-beta2 debs for Ubuntu 7.10 / gutsy, anyone?

Ari El ari.reads at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:55:58 GMT 2007

Arnd Baecker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Ari El wrote:
>

>> I was wondering if anyone has posted debs for the latest beta:
>> 0.9.3-beta2
>> and can post the link here
>>
>> U/7.10 comes with digikam 0.9.2 which for some reason crashes when I
>> exit;
>
> To investigate this we would need a full debug output.
> I don't whether there are any pre-built packages which include
> the debugging information to obtain a proper backtrace.
> Therefore most likely you would have to build from source,
> i.e. using  0.9.3-beta2 (or even better from svn).
> This means that you will have to recompile digikam, libkexiv, exiv2, ...
> and so with debugging enabled.
> See http://www.digikam.org/?q=contrib under
> "If you are experiencing crashes with digiKam" and
> for installation instructions "http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn"
> under "Install digiKam in your Home Directory".
>
>> it also can't figure out image dimensions/bit depth of UFRAW-generated
>> png's
>> which makes me doubt if the filters I use are being applied properly;
>> anyways, hopefully this is no longer an issue in the latest beta.
>
> Hard to tell without an example ;-).
> It might very well be that this is just not included in
> the UFRAW-generated png. You could check
> by running exiv2 on that file and see if that information is
> there.
> (BTW: which version of ufraw are you using?)
>
> If it is there, could you please file an entry in the bug-tracker,
> and attach (a not too large) ufraw generated png
> so that we can have a look.
>
> Thanks, Arnd

Trying to build the latest SVN I *almost* succeeded. I Installed all
build-deps (apt-get build-dep digikam), and ./configure/make/make install
worked fin for the "libs" folder. Now when I try the same in the "graphics"
folder, ./configure succeeds but "make" fails and I have no clue what to do
about it, this is the output:

make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/ari/Desktop/Builds/digikam/graphics/digikam/libs/dmetadata'
/bin/bash ../../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../.. -I../../../digikam/libs/dimg
-I../../../digikam/digikam   -I/usr/include/kde -I/usr/share/qt3/include -I.
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W
-Wpointer-arith -O2 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common
-DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT
-DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE  -MT dmetadata.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/dmetadata.Tpo -c -o dmetadata.lo dmetadata.cpp
dmetadata.cpp: In member function 'bool
Digikam::DMetadata::loadUsingDcraw(const QString&)':
dmetadata.cpp:87: error: 'class KDcrawIface::DcrawInfoContainer' has no
member named 'owner'
dmetadata.cpp:88: error: 'class KDcrawIface::DcrawInfoContainer' has no
member named 'owner'
make[4]: *** [dmetadata.lo] Error 1

Any hint? I want to try the new beta and see if I still have the crash and
PNG-to-JPG-exif problems; if so I'll file bugs.

Thanks!