[Digikam-users] No Image in slideshow and CRW question

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:04:03 BST 2007

2007/5/30, kde at silicoids-world.de <kde at silicoids-world.de>:

> Hi
>
> The question first: It seems there is no IPTC data in CRW (Canon Raw)
> files.
> Is this a limitation of CRW or an application problem.

CRW (and in general all RAW files are at this moment in read only. Next
release of Exiv2 library (witch handle metadata from pictures) will provide
TIFF files based writting mode. So, all RAW files based on TIFF file format
will can be access in writting mode.

If it is a limitation
> of CRW, is it possible to store the keywords somewhere else?

keywords == tags. So it's stored in Database.

And now the problem.
> I've just installed the beta2. I do not see an image in slide show mode.
> I've tried crw and jpg. It works fine in showfoto.

Already reported and fixed in svn

Regards