[Digikam-users] Image View Problem

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:18:38 BST 2007

> We're working straight off the flash drive from the camera
> plugged into a USB port (the camera USB chip is broken - but
> for info's sake it's a Fuji Finepix 3500).
>
> The digikam version is 0.8.8-r2.

This is the problem. In digiKam < 0.9.0 we use imlib2 to handle picture
files. This library use a plugin mechanism to add new file formats to
support.... and you can have the library core without the plugins installed
on your computer. The result is a black picture in editor.

In all case, i recommend you to forget 0.8.x release and toogle imediatly to
0.9.1, the last stable release. The imlib2 depency have been removed.

... Also, you will see a looooots oooooof new features appears in 0.9.x...
We have fixed around 300 bugfix/wishes from bugzilla. The
0.9.0developpement have take more than one year... See the web project
site for
details (http://www.digikam.org)

 Regards