[Digikam-users] unable to build digikam 0.9.1

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Sun May 20 05:20:59 BST 2007

I tried to make digikam 0.9.1 from the source code down load and had problems with dependencies code. I tried to build libkipi and the code would not compile. It had some problem with c++ code involving the use of private, default requirements. I am not a good enough programmer to correct these problems. I tried to build libexix2 needed with needs for the libexif which would not compile. I am totally discouraged with these problems.

I use distro Centos 4.5. I am currently using digikam 0.8.2.
I would like to be able to use the 0.9.1 version but can not because of these problems. Why isn't there a rpm with the 0.9.1 code that i could use that has all these software dependencies solved. Like yum install package? Life is so much simpler with a package builder like yum.

And so I have to live with the digikam 0.8.2 lack of kipi plugins for send picture to email.

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA