[Digikam-users] Raw converter: no exif, only 8bit

Martin Schmettow schmettow at web.de
Sat May 19 11:42:44 BST 2007

Hi,

after I got the svn version running, I tried the raw converter and
experienced two problems:
1) Although in settings the output format is set to tiff 16bit I can
just get 8bit. This can't even be set in the Raw Image Converter Dialog.
2) none of the metadata of the raw image (NEF) is exported to tiff.

When I open the nef directly in the Editor and save it to tiff, this
yields 16bit. However, the image appears much to dark in the editor.
Raising the Gamma to 2 yields nearly the same impression than in the
preview. Wouldn't that be better a default. Or is there some reason not
to adjust anything, when a raw is opened directly?

CU Martin.

Btw.: Is this mailing list the right place to report these kinds of
problems?