[Digikam-users] digiKam 0.9.2-beta1 test release

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun May 6 12:53:22 BST 2007

2007/5/6, Markus Spring <m.spring at gmx.de>:

> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > digikam/digikam/albumiconview.cpp to disable the access to Light Table
> > tool witch is under development and is not yet complete. I would not see
> This is really *great* news! (The fact that digikam will have this, not
> that it
> should be commented out, of course)
> You probably have no idea how long I have been looking for something like
> this
> to ease the decision which picture to keep or discard. So I will be an
> even more
> happy digikam user in the future.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Markus,

2 fresh screenshots of this tool in action can be seen here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/lighttable_v2.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/lighttable_v3.png

The tool can be already used to compare 2 image at the same time. You can
pan/zoom over the image like current preview mode do in album gui. In fact
Light Table use the same widget from digiKam core : preview widget,
thumbbar, popup menu, etc...

Currently 60-70% of implementation is done. But some feature are missing,
for example to delete an item from digiKam albums library, or to drag and
drop an item from thumbbar  to preview area. Also, more indeep tests need to
done before to publish it in final release.

I cannot promise anything here. If i have free time to finalize it for
0.9.2-beta2, Light Table will be include in digiKam 0.9.2 final release
planed to june, else later...

Regards

Gilles