[Digikam-users] Digikam-users Digest, Vol 22, Issue 26

Paristo paristo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 06:09:00 GMT 2007

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to migrate from Adobe Photoshop Album. I've got over 5k photo's, so
> re-tagging isn't an option. So I'm trying to automate this. With the
> tool "PSATool" I've managed to put the tag information from Photoshop in a
> text file. Here's a small sample of the file.

Just a suggestion.

Mayby easiest way to do that is to get all tags to IPTC tags on
windows side and then upgrade to newest version of digikam on suse.

I really dont know but other way can be that you make small script
(perl/bash) what regenerates somekind better file from your txt file,
like CVS or what ever you can import to Digikam database (is that
possible?).

I dont have clue about what to do and im intressed to hear what
suggestion you get. Im planning to install one older windows machine
Elements 2.0 and i like to see what i can do with that.

ps. I suggest that you install newer version, from packman reposty. In
SUSE might need to wait 10.3 version until you get newer... it's just
sad how slowly it evolv on that distro without 3rd party packages.