[Digikam-users] Wrong date in all photos

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:39:25 GMT 2007

F-Spot is not digiKam in the order to handle Exif date.

Exiv2 give a low level access to informations from metadata without sort it

digiKam use an interface to do it named libkexiv2. F-spot do not use this
interface.

If you take a look into my code from libkexiv2, you can find this method

    /** Return the time stamp of image. Exif information are check in first,
IPTC in second
        if image don't have Exif information. If no time stamp is found, a
null date is returned. */
    QDateTime getImageDateTime() const;

Gilles