[Digikam-users] opening specific images via dcop

Arnd Baecker baecker at physik.tu-dresden.de
Wed Mar 14 16:20:10 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am exploring the possibilities to connect digikam
with google earth.

Is there a way to remotely control a running digikam to
- change to a specific album
- go to an image (spefied by its full path)
?

So far I have only found out that
via dcop it is possible to remotely steer digikam.
Eg. using
  dcop
one get can the id of a running digikam
and then  (for example)
  dcop  digikam-20123
will list a couple of components.
If the editor window is open, one
can go from one image to the next by:
  dcop digikam-20123 "Image Editor" activateAction editorwindow_forward

Possible actions can be found via
   dcop digikam-20123 "Image Editor" actions

The same is true for digikam as well,
   dcop digikam-20123 "Digikam" actions

But I could not find anything obvious which
would allow me to directly select an image or folder?

Arnd