[Digikam-users] jpeg compression

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Thu Jun 28 21:58:52 BST 2007

Dnia czwartek 28 czerwiec 2007, Arnd Baecker napisaƂ:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, [utf-8] Bj?rn Kvisli wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Well, I really hope this is the case. Loosing detail with each save
> > would really be bad.
>
> Have a look at
> http://www.cywarp.com/faq_jpg_degradation.htm
> (Of course best is to try it out ... ;-)

Tried it and looks like I wasn't right. However - on that page they have
completely f*cked up jpg library. I tried to do that in Digikam (12
steps - rotate, save in IE) and in ImageMagick (100 steps inside of
while loop - jpg -> png -> jpg with quality 75) and loss of quality was
barely visible.

m.