[Digikam-users] Problem with digikam edited jpegs

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:27:28 BST 2007

2007/6/22, jc <jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk>:

> Hi Giles, and thanks for the reply. The version I am using is the one from
> the k/ubuntu repositories so I didn't compile it myself. I saw your post
> re 9.2 being available from achim now so I will update later today.

The JPEG optimizations options are always enable. This will certainly not
fix your problem... but of course it's always fine to have the last
release(:=)))

Would it be helpful if I sent you the affected jpegs?

No... The only way is to try without the JPEG optimization options  compiled
in your digiKam. Like this your reproduce all change on a image and you test
on your envirronnements (win32/Xnview) if problem diseapear or not.

Of course, you need to recompile yourself digiKam. It's not really
complicated. Look in digikam web site, there is a script to use to checkout
source code. Of course you need to resolve external depencies before to
compile (look in README file all is annoted).

Alternative way, is to open a file in bugzilla about this problem to have a
report witch can be fix later.

Gilles