[Digikam-users] Problem with digikam edited jpegs

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:27:28 BST 2007

2007/6/22, jc <jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Hi Giles, and thanks for the reply. The version I am using is the one from
> the k/ubuntu repositories so I didn't compile it myself. I saw your post
> re 9.2 being available from achim now so I will update later today.

The JPEG optimizations options are always enable. This will certainly not
fix your problem... but of course it's always fine to have the last

Would it be helpful if I sent you the affected jpegs?

No... The only way is to try without the JPEG optimization options  compiled
in your digiKam. Like this your reproduce all change on a image and you test
on your envirronnements (win32/Xnview) if problem diseapear or not.

Of course, you need to recompile yourself digiKam. It's not really
complicated. Look in digikam web site, there is a script to use to checkout
source code. Of course you need to resolve external depencies before to
compile (look in README file all is annoted).

Alternative way, is to open a file in bugzilla about this problem to have a
report witch can be fix later.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/attachments/20070622/513211c4/attachment.html>

More information about the Digikam-users mailing list