[Digikam-users] Multithreading in DIgikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 18:22:59 BST 2007

2007/6/8, Christian Imiela <chrissy1962 at onlinehome.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I read about the restoration algorithm being multithreaded. I get only one
> out
> of my two cores to work. Top shows me 50% user load. How do I get
> multithreading
> to work?

There is a problem in CImg library with cause data corruption if i enable
more than one thread with Greystoration algorithm.

I have already reported this problem to CImg author with have work indeep to
fix it. But it's not yet solved, this is why i have temporally locked to one
thread Restoration plugin.

I hope than Cimg library will fix this problem with the next release. I will
ping again the CImg author in the near future...

Regards