[Digikam-users] Face detection / recognition for digikam

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Jun 2 13:30:41 BST 2007

On Samstag, 2. Juni 2007, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> I think this is a very cool idea.
> Could you please file a B.K.O. entry for this wish
> (I would be surprised if this does not get many votes quickly ;-).
>
> To try things out like this, the following approach might be possible
> from an external script (digikam not running to have no problems
> with the database)
> - specify a folder for automatic tagging
> - run over all images
> - for each recognized tag, add this (if not yet present)
>   to the database by the usual sql commands
>
> BTW, how good are tools like this today, are they
> able to recognize, rivers, lakes, sea, beach, sun, snow, flowers,
> birds, ... (just for some of the typical tags ...)?
> For birds an automatic recognition of the species would be
> helpful (but maybe this is wishing too much ;-)
>
> Best, Arnd

An very important: I am sure, dentist would appreciate a tool with automatic
caries detection, at least on photos of laughing americans.

Or even better: just select the tags and then digiKam creates the images? Now,
this would be great :-)

sorry, could not resist...

Daniel

erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com/en/linux.html