[Digikam-users] Digikam offline installation for Mandriva 2007 Spring.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jul 30 16:15:47 BST 2007

Paristo wrote:

> Hi! I'm sorry if i write now little wrong list, thisis  what i have
> followed now two years.
>
> Im right now using Mandriva 2007 Spring and lately i haven't have
> internet connection on my PC and i need transfer all my files with old
> 128Mb memory stick.
>
> Problem is that i have Digikam 0.9.1 and i would like to get 0.9.2
> version but it seems Mandriva spring dont have own packages for it. I
> downloaded all needed files (digikam+exiv+few other) and installed but i
> get error about libstdc++ library and its about that i dont have right
> version (libstdc++6- 4.1.2-1mdv2007.1.i586 is current installed). I
> think reason is that i toke those files from cooker because i couldn't
> find any other newer version.
>
> This is error message what i get when i start Digikam from CLI:
>
> digikam: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
> (required by /usr/lib/libdigikam.so.0)
>
> And so far i have found only info that i should update GCC to get it
> working. I would not like to do that without internet connection and
> otherway to update to cooker anything else than what i need (digikam
> right now only).
>
> Is there any other packages for Mandriva spring than cooker and if is,
> where? I dont like either install from src anything else than few times
> when i like to take part of develope process.
>
> Thank you (and im sorry if this is now wrong list and my bad english).

Ahhh! You need to look in the "Backports" repository on your favourite
Mandriva mirror.

The cooker binaries wont work on 2007.1 due to various other changes in
the dirstro but on the 16th of this month Angelo kindly backported
digikam 0.9.2 for 2007.1

You should be able to add the Backport media in URPMI but if you are
offline then you can just FTP the relevent files from your mirror. If
you normally look in the main/release folder for the RPMs, just look in
main/backports for the updated, backported versions.

HTH

Col