[Digikam-users] lost menu bar and right side-bar

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Jul 10 17:42:21 BST 2007

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Per Bothner wrote:

> I've played a bit with digiKam - it has some nice features

Sure!

> well as some flaws.

Sure - that's the way with software!
(Here its open source, so bug reports, patches, and code
contributions are welcome!)

> Two critical problems, where I did something to mess up the
> display, and now I don't know how to undo them:
>
> (1) The menu-bar is gone (I don't remember if I did anything
> to hide it), and now I can't get it back.  The toolbar is still
> usable.

Hmm, that's weird. Never seen that before.
You could try to remove Digikam's configuration file,
  ~/.kde/share/config/digikamrc
but I am not sure if that would really help
(maybe it also helps for the second issue,
so moving that file to a different name and running
diff over it after a new round of using digikam might
reveal the origin of the problem).

> (2) I moved the slider between the main window and the right
> side-bar, and now I can't move it back.  I can move the mouse
> to the area between them, and the mouse cursor changes to the
> icon for moving the divider - but then moving the mouse
> while holding button-1 does nothing.  (I tried doing the
> same thing on Kate, and it works fine.)

Just, in case: one has to move the mouse quite a bit,
but I am sure you know that ...

Arnd