[Digikam-users] Printing error with Digikam?

Jeff Grant kubin3 at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 14:47:09 BST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 18:22:57 digikam-users-request at kde.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:47:15 +0100
> From: Jeff Grant <kubin3 at aol.com>
> Subject: [Digikam-users] Printing error with Digikam?
> To: digikam-users at kde.org
>
> My first post on this list so I hope this hasn't been dealt with before.
> I've only fairly recently bought a digital camera - Nikon D70 with a Nikor
> 18-70mm lens. Consequently I have only recently needed to print
> photographs. I'm getting an error which is puzzling. First I should say my
> printer is an HP PSC1610, I'm using HP inks and HP photo paper. On certain
> images - maybe one in 5 or 6 - I get a very thin white horizontal line
> which stretches across the entire image, rendering it useless. There seems
> no discernible pattern or consistency as to which images it will do this
> to, or as to where on the image this line will appear. It seems the printer
> every now and then, and only once in any one image, will fail to print some
> random  line. If I change format from JPEG to PNG or TIFF, the same error
> will be repeated on that image and in subsequent printings of that image
> the line will appear always in the same place. If however, I print the
> image out via The Gimp, Inkscape or Konquerer, there is no horizontal line.
> Assuming it has something to do with Digikam's processing of the image on
> the way to the printer, I've uninstalled and then re-installed DK, but to
> no effect. Ok -  I can at least print my images. But to have to go to
> another application to do so is a pain and that, in any case, doesn't solve
> what seems to be a Digikam problem. My distro by the way is PCLinuxOS which
> has been, in the 18months I've been using it, rock solid from the point of
> view of stability. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jeff in London UK

Thank you guys for the reponses. As for saving the image in PDF - no problem -
no white line.  As is the case with The Gimp etc. But obviously from the link
Arnd sent to me there's a bug in DK. It really surprises me that it hasn't
been fixed because it's a killer if you've got it, and there appears to be no
present solution. But as I said before, at least I can print the images via
other applications. Thank you both once again. Onward and forward!

And on another matter entirely - I'm not sure how I'm supposed to reply to
postings on this list. I'm using KMail and when I click on the 'Reply to All'
or 'Reply to Mailing List' I get only my own original message - I don't get
the replies to it so I can't interpose my own comments in the appropriate
places in the others' text. Any help on that one as well?

Jeff in London UK
--
jeff grant

london UK