[Digikam-users] Printing error with Digikam?

Jeff Grant kubin3 at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 11:47:15 BST 2007

My first post on this list so I hope this hasn't been dealt with before. I've
only fairly recently bought a digital camera - Nikon D70 with a Nikor
18-70mm lens. Consequently I have only recently needed to print photographs.
I'm getting an error which is puzzling. First I should say my printer is an
HP PSC1610, I'm using HP inks and HP photo paper. On certain images - maybe
one in 5 or 6 - I get a very thin white horizontal line which stretches
across the entire image, rendering it useless. There seems no discernible
pattern or consistency as to which images it will do this to, or as to where
on the image this line will appear. It seems the printer every now and then,
and only once in any one image, will fail to print some random  line. If I
change format from JPEG to PNG or TIFF, the same error will be repeated on
that image and in subsequent printings of that image the line will appear
always in the same place. If however, I print the image out via The Gimp,
Inkscape or Konquerer, there is no horizontal line. Assuming it has something
to do with Digikam's processing of the image on the way to the printer, I've
uninstalled and then re-installed DK, but to no effect. Ok -  I can at least
print my images. But to have to go to another application to do so is a pain
and that, in any case, doesn't solve what seems to be a Digikam problem. My
distro by the way is PCLinuxOS which has been, in the 18months I've been
using it, rock solid from the point of view of stability. Any thoughts on
this would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff in London UK
--
jeff grant