[Digikam-users] jpeg compression

Bjørn Kvisli bjorn.kvisli at tele2.no
Sat Jul 7 22:33:57 BST 2007

Lørdag 30 juni 2007 18:34, skrev Arnd Baecker:
> Would it make sense to put a brief summary of the contents of this
> thread into a FAQ entry (eg. "Which image format should I choose?")?
>
> If yes, Bjorn, could you maybe set up a short text, which
> I could then put into the FAQ on the digikam homepage?

Hi Arnd
I was about to start writing a small piece, but discovered something
unfortunate when prepping this week's holiday photos from Berlin and Potsdam:
I used the Digikam batch process to convert the jpeg files from my Nikon D40
to png, and found that all the exif data were lost during conversion. I also
took a few photos with my digital VCR camera, but these images did not loose
the exif data. Strange? When I opened a jpeg file from the D40 in the editor
and saved it as a  png, the exif data were also *not* lost. I have Digkam
0.9.0.

I'll experiment further and finally send you a small piece for the faq.
-Bjorn