[Digikam-users] Display photo D1h and D1x

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:56:24 BST 2007

2007/7/2, stephane at unices.org <stephane at unices.org>:

> Hi,
>
> Well, I compiled dcraw from sources and replaced kdcraw by 8.75 version,
> it works fine now.

well, you have chance (:=)))

That's interesting to know, now I can update parts of Digikam.

Maybe an interesting option to add is to let the user configure his
> prefered raw converter :)

no, and never. why ? because dcraw command line options _change_ everytime.
There is a none compatibility between major release. Dave Coffin do the hell
like this : image with scripts compatibility !

In the pass, digiKam used the current dcraw version installed on the host
computer. Result : sometime it work, sometime no. Infernal, and a lots of
bugs reports to handle...

This is why we have created the libkdcraw C++ interface which include a
dcraw version fully tested with the interface.

Between 8.60 and 8.75 release, you will see new option appear and others
disappear.

With KDE4 port, we have to upgrate kdcraw to the last dcraw version.

Gilles

Thanks.