[Digikam-users] search for duplicate images

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Fri Jan 26 10:43:34 GMT 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 11:12, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Vendredi 26 Janvier 2007 10:48, Gandalf Lechner a écrit :
> > > Try "Tools/Find Duplicate Images"...
> >
> > As I wrote, I know that tool. The problem is the following: I would like
> > to search part of my collection for duplicates, namely all subalbums of a
> > given one. To do so I apparently have to select all the subalbums
> > manually in the album list of the "find duplicate images" tool.
> > 	My question was: Is there an option to have this selection done
> > automatically, i.e. like "[x] Recurse into subalbums".
>
> well, no...
>
> Gilles

If I could I'd write this with very, very little characters, so nobody sees
it ;-) , but imgSeek has an ingenious ability to find similar pictures - it's
results in search for duplicates are much better (it finds more similar
pictures and produces less "false doubles").

But its slow, very complicated to use, the produced list is not that
meaningful as in Gilles tool and it's buggy (it sometimes deletes wrong
files, if you don't do everything exactly as you should).

kind regards

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch