[Digikam-users] What is the best way to rotate images?

jc jumpingclear at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 16:06:15 GMT 2007

Thanks for the replies. I decided to do some experiments on some
unimportant images and the results are not what I expected.

The Image -> Rotate command reduces the file size. I tried on several pics
with the same result. To give one example; a jpeg 2848x2136 pixels, size
of file before rotate was 1.6MB (1,628,958), after rotating 1.5MB
(1,562,298), pixel size remains the same.

In the lossless jpeg kipi plugin help file it says the file size should be
bigger. Why is the file smaller if the tranformation is lossless.

The correct by altering exif data seemed to work fine.