[Digikam-users] How to add some EXIF metadata to a tiff file?

Caspar Maessen cmaessen at casco.demon.nl
Thu Jan 4 07:46:31 GMT 2007

Op donderdag 4 januari 2007 08:03, schreef Gilles Caulier:

  > On Thursday 04 January 2007 07:45, Caspar Maessen wrote:
  > > Op donderdag 4 januari 2007 07:30, schreef Ari El:
  > >   > Quick question, I need to add to a tiff file at least the dpi
  > >
  > > I sometimes use exiv2 on the commandline.
  >
  > Impossible actually. TIFF in writting mode will be supported to the
You're quite right. I overlooked the fact that Ari was talking about
tiffs. Sorry.
I use exiv2 in a script which extracts jpegs from nefs (dcraw) and then
copies over the supported metadata with:
exiv2 insert -ia -S.nef /path/to/image.jpg

Caspar.
--
Work is accomplished by those employees who have not yet reached their
level of incompetence. -- Dr. Laurence J. Peter, "The Peter Principle"