[Digikam-users] extragear/libs

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:07:13 GMT 2007

Le jeudi 22 février 2007 13:58, Paul Waldo a écrit :
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > SVN commit 635195 by cgilles:
> >
> > After 8 days of intensive work, I'm very proud to announce the first
> > LibKdcraw shared library 0.1.0 beta release.
>
> I applaud your work, Gilles.  I shoot RAW exclusively, so RAW file
> functionality is near and dear to my heart.  Hopefully your work will be
> integrated wholly into KDE and it will handle RAW images as well as the
> "standard" formats!  Thanks!

Thanks Paul,

And today, i have updated again the dcraw implementation in libkdcraw with the
last one plublished today (dcraw 8.60). it provide an _excelent_ wavelet
noise reduction fileter (better than the old NR algorithm provided by older
dcraw release). Try it, you will be very impressioned.

I have already patch the kipi plugin RAW Converter implementation from svn
trunk to use it, and the patch to use libkdcraw with digiKam from svn trunk
have been also updated at usual place :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/misc.tarballs/libkdcrawdigikamport.patch

digikam will use officially libkdcraw later 0.9.12 release.

Actually, i'm working a RAW to DNG converter based on dcraw. I will put it on
libkdcraw. It work but the functionnality are limited, especially about
metadata recording in DNG. This is relevant of libtiff limitation.

Normally, Exiv2 library 0.14 will support tiff file based metadata recording.
I'm very impatient to use it. Like this we can manupulate all metadata in
TIFF and DNG files like JPEG.

Gilles