[Digikam-users] Some interesting concepts from another photo tool

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 20:37:30 GMT 2007

On 21/02/07, Markus Spring <m.spring at gmx.de> wrote:

> Thorsten, many thanks for pointing me to lightzone.
> I tested it and found it really intuitive to use. Now I have to decide between
> bibble and lightzone: both have their strengths, but both make the raw
> conversion much easier than the (uncontestedly) good tools of digikam.
>
> Dothan, I support your view of digikam as mainly an organisational tool for my
> pictures. Here it has its full strengths, and I do enjoy all the tools it
> presents to alleviate tagging and geocoding. For my needs, too, I would love to
> see improvements in usability mainly in this field, possibly extending it
> towards offline storage/importing/exporting and so on. But even as it is now,
> for me it's the best of the pack (and kudos to Gilles and all the developers for
> their energy in developing such a fine software)
>
> Just my to 0.02?

Yes, that is how I view Digikam. And it is quite a capable organiser,
if it were not for the cluttered interface. That is one of the areas
where F-Spot beats Digikam hands down. But I understand that KDE 4
will clean up the default interfaces of apps, and I'm willing to wait
a few months.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/what_is_a_cellphone.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/sex.html