[Digikam-users] Digikam and read-only files

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 09:32:52 GMT 2007

rcuql3k02 at sneakemail.com wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>> This is impossible by nature of Linux!
>
> Are you able to expand on this for me?  I don't really understand why
> it's impossible.  (Sorry!)

And you're right.
Having a file with read-only mode doesn't prevent it for being deleted,
as long as you have write access to the directory.
Bugs you mentionned were related to the modification of a read-only
file. There used to be bugs around that, but now they are solved.

> What I would like to see is that Digikam checks before deleting a
> file (or moving a file) and if the file is marked "read-only" then it
> will not complete the delete/move operation.  Is that possible
> somehow?

I don't think it should refuse the deletion of a file, but I guess it
could send a popup warning window about that...
Note : konqueror itself doesn't ask anything when moving or deleting a
read-only file.

You can add a new wish in bugs.kde.org if you want.

--
Fabien