[Digikam-users] svn uses same settings and albums as stable version

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Sat Feb 10 16:21:54 GMT 2007

On Saturday, 10. February 2007, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have newly installed the svn version in my normal home directory (previously
> I had installed it in the home of another user, but I want it here, so I
> don't have to switch between users/change rights etc. when moving pictures
> etc.).
>
> Install went fine, the stable version 0.9.0 still works, the new svn version
> starts fine... but it uses the same settings and the same albums like the
> stable version.
>
> What can I do so that I can have a separate album path and separate settings
> for both versions?
>
> can you help me?
Hi Daniel,

digikam --caption digikam9 --config digikam9rc

fwiw, these are standard KDE options so this should work will
almost all KDE apps.  Still they share ~/.kde/share/apps/digikam
Maybe there another option that change this too.  As there's only
cameras.xml for digikam I did not care find out how to change it
too.

Achim