[Digikam-users] Problems just starting out with Digikam and Rebel 350D

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Sun Feb 4 02:21:48 GMT 2007

Folks,

I'm using Digikam-0.8.2 on Ubuntu 6.10. And I'm trying to get it to talk
with my holiday acquired Canon 350D. I have the camera set to PTP/Print.
Also, libgphoto2-2.2.1 and gphotofs-0.2-2.

I also had to set up manually a map file and script in /etc/hotplug/usb
for the camera, per some instructions I saw on another list. (Tho as an
experiment, I renamed Canon.usermap to Canon.usermap.old, and Digikam
still recognized the camera, although it couldn't access it.)

So, the good news: Digikam recognizes the camera when I run autodetect.
And I can run the camera in PC or PTP modes and Digikam autodetects
each. But when I click on camera in the toolbar with either entry, I get
an error message saying Digikam can't connect. I've gone back through
the archives at as far as mid '05 and don't find anything that helps.

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter