[Digikam-users] Anyway to get a cheap MiniCam 100k recognized by Digikam

mowestusa mowestusa at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 16:21:46 GMT 2007

I got as a promo gift a cheap digial camera called a
"MiniCam 100k Digital Camera". It comes with Ulead
software Photo Express to get the pictures off the
camera on a Windows box. It is a USB camera. This
camera does not seem to be listed on the list of
supported cameras in Digikam.

I was just wondering if there would be a way to add it
manually. With the great support digikam offers to so
many cameras I guess I would be suprised if this cheap
little camera can't be supported. However, if it just
uses a propritary format that Linux and Digikam can't
read I guess that would stop it dead in its tracks. I
can see it picked up as a USB device in dmesg.

Just thought I would ask.

mowestusa at yahoo.com