[Digikam-users] Import album, but like link?

Andrew Woodward andrew at the-woodward-family.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 20:06:30 GMT 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 21:32:13 +0000, Andrew Woodward wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it posisble (using digiKam 0.9.0-rc1 on KDE 3.4.2) to import an album
> of pre-existing images into My Albums, BUT to have the import work like a
> link?
>
> I have several hundred images from an old camera that are stored in a
> separate directory which I now want to import to digiKam. However, when I
> import the images they are physically copied. All I want is some kind of
> link to their existing location so I can then tag them etc.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. A symlink in the digiKam directory did the trick.
I had already created a symlink in my home directory to the old photos
for browsing (I had put the photos on a different partition), but never
thought of creating one in the digiKam directory! I'm still getting used
to the power of the Linux command line :D

Thanks again.

--
Andrew Woodward
RLU: #437175