[Digikam-users] Changing path; lost tags

Ace Suares lists at suares.an
Wed Dec 19 15:54:57 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> Am Tuesday 18 December 2007 schrieb Ace Suares:

> > > In this case there should be no problem. Just copy the digikam.db
> > > file to the new album root and adapt the digikam album root to this
> > > (in the settings menu). All DB references are relative to the root
> > > album, no absolute paths.
> >
> > Ah... ehmmm... actually, I did something else then I described.
> >
> > I had /pictures
> > and now I have /pictures/ace
> > and pictures/otheruser
> > and I start digikam in /pictures !
> > So the root path *has* changed, is there something I can do?
> > I tried opening the db file with sqlite but it says: encrypted or no
> > databse file...
>
> I understand that /pictures is mounted at the system root, it' is not
> ~/Pictures.
>
> Safest and easiest way is to move images back to pictures where they
> were. If digikam has its tags again, move the images within digikam:
> create new album ace and move all images there, keep album root at
> /Pictures.
>
> If you want to separate the users, then you might want to manually
> modify the db file. Don't move images back. Copy digikam.db to
> /Pictures/ace. Back it up. Edit db, do it from sqlite> commandline,
> knoda or the firefox sqlite extension. You have to run a update SQL
> statement that changes Pictures to ace on every record in table Album,
> column url.

Thanks; I moved the images one level up and the tags are back.
However, if I try sqlite figikam3.db, it doesn't work, it says it's not a
database file.

Also, I have it mounten over nfs on /pictures (real path on server
is /home/pictures) and it's mounted read only. But the server is dapper
and the workstations are gutsy, so on the workstations the digikam3.db
file won't open because of version differences. Can the newer digikan use
the older db format??

Ace