[Digikam-users] Changing path; lost tags

Gerhard Kulzer gerhardkgmx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:38:07 GMT 2007

Am Tuesday 18 December 2007 schrieb Ace Suares:
> On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:

> > > Actually, the digikam3.db file
> > > ace
> >
> > In this case there should be no problem. Just copy the digikam.db file
> > to the new album root and adapt the digikam album root to this (in the
> > settings menu). All DB references are relative to the root album, no
> > absolute paths.
>
> Ah... ehmmm... actually, I did something else then I described.
>
> I had /pictures
> and now I have /pictures/ace
> and pictures/otheruser
> and I start digikam in /pictures !
> So the root path *has* changed, is there something I can do?
> I tried opening the db file with sqlite but it says: encrypted or no
> databse file...

I understand that /pictures is mounted at the system root, it' is not
~/Pictures.

Safest and easiest way is to move images back to pictures where they were. If
digikam has its tags again, move the images within digikam: create new album
ace and move all images there, keep album root at /Pictures.

If you want to separate the users, then you might want to manually modify the
db file. Don't move images back. Copy digikam.db to /Pictures/ace. Back it
up. Edit db, do it from sqlite> commandline,  knoda or the firefox sqlite
extension. You have to run a update SQL statement that changes Pictures to
ace on every record in table Album, column url.

Hope that helps you a bit
Gerhard