[Digikam-users] How to remove IPTC tags.

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Dec 4 14:21:51 GMT 2007

Hi Geoff,

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Geoff King wrote:

> Hi Paristo,
> My guess is you might be better off spending your time, removing and
> re-installing exiv2 (0.16-pre), libs, and digikam from SVN.  You
> already said the SVN version works fine, but runs slow because of
> "--debug complile".  You should then reinstall everything without the
> debug options.
>
> With that said, I have written a basic python program that can do
> system operations (like run exiv2 -M...) on files (it's really a
> glorified shell script).  It sounds like it would work in your case.
> Also you need to know a little bit about python programming to make it
> work right and it can be very dangerous to your filesystem if you mess
> up (ie. backup and know what you are doing). Let me know if you want
> it.

I think it would be nice if such scripts are collected,
as they can be really useful and save a lot of time re-inventing the
wheel.

Maybe the simplest is to put them in the wiki,
  http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=digikam
There is already a space holder:
  "Tips, tricks and useful scripts"
just the contents is missing ... ;-)