[Digikam-users] TIFF file problems, appears as four separate images in digikam

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sat Dec 1 16:51:01 GMT 2007

I relaise that TIFF can present problems because of its many
variations.

I'm scanning some B&W negatives with my Epson V700 using the Epson
software and saving as TIFF.  When I open the file in digikam I see
four little pictures side by side with a row of tiny colured dots
between each (which are red, green and probably blue).  It looks as if
digikam is seeing the separate channel scans as separate pictures.

Photoshop Elements understands the TIFF OK.

I've tried the only option in the scanning software, changing from
Windows to Mac byte order but that had no effect at all.

--
Chris Green