[Digikam-users] Thumbnail location and automatic image backup when editing

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Aug 28 16:05:25 BST 2007

Dnia wtorek 28 sierpień 2007, Gurvan Huiban napisał:
> Dear list,
>
> I have two questions regarding Digikam:
>
> - Is it possible to have digikam store its thumbnails in another
> directory than ~/.thumbnail?
> (I store my pictures on an external hard drive; and I would like to
> store the thumbnail in the same place)

~/.thumbnails is freedesktop.org standard. If you really don't want that
you can:

- hack Digikam sources [1]
- make symlink to you hard drive

[1] This is better option. Many Linux apps are using .thumbnails and you
can get some nasty surprises when messing with location of that
directory.

> - Is there a way to have digikam make automatically a backup of a
> picture when editing it?

Not at the moment. On TODO list.

m.