[Digikam-users] IPTC usage

Jared Breland jbreland at legroom.net
Fri Aug 17 07:33:38 BST 2007

I apologize if this is a rather basic question, but I'm a brand new digiKam
user and I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to make this work.

I'm basically having two issues related to IPTC data.  I want to have
certain default IPTC data applied to all images that I import into digiKam.
 I thought that the Identity and Metadata settings options would do this,
but it doesn't seem to have any effect.  I filled in all fields under
Identity, and checked all options under Metadata (with the exception of the
image ratings option, but when I create a new album and add photos none of
this information is applied.  What am I doing wrong?  Am I just
misunderstanding these options?

Second, I'd like to manually edit, modify IPTC data for certain photos.
However, I cannot find any way to do this through digiKam.  I'm assuming I'm
just overlooking something, but I've dug through everything I could think of
several times.  Can anyone please tell me how to do this?  Or is it really
not possible?

Thanks!

--
Jared