[Digikam-users] failure to download

Al Eggen aeggen at charter.net
Tue Aug 14 19:44:34 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm running Mandriva 2006 with digiKam 0.8.1 and my camera is a Kodak V705.
The camera is on the gphoto2 supported list but I suspect it came out after
my version of digiKam.  DigiKam recognizes it as a "USB PTP Class Camera".
It shows the pictures in the camera as .JPG files and allows you to select
them.  However whenever I attempt to download, I get the message "Failed to
download file ____.JPG".

Kodak is no help.  Their book says you have to select before you can download
but you can't do that from the camera end since everything is unselected when
the camera is off and you can't do anything with the camera plugged into the
USB and on.

Thanks for your help,
Al