[Digikam-users] Digikam Search

Andy Choens andy.choens at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 18:41:25 BST 2007

I have been looking at the existing digikam search capabilities, and they may
provide an easy way to move my old f-spot information over. Is there a
command-line/DCOP/D-BUS way to script a digikam search?

For example, if I have a text file, with the like this.
dscn3560.jpg
dscn3561.jpg
dscn3562.jpg
etc, is there any way I can pass this text file to digikam directly and make
it search for:
dscn3560.jpg
OR
dscn3561.jpg
OR
dscn3562.jpg

I can do this with the Advanced Search dialog, but I have to add every file
name by hand. If I could script this, and be able to view the results before
tagging, this could make this really, really easy. I have discovered that I
do have multiple photos with the same name, and therefore I can not just let
digikam tag things based on the file name. There must be some human
involvement to prevent errors.

Thanks!
--andy

--andy