[Digikam-users] F-Spot --> Digikam

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Thu Apr 26 18:22:19 BST 2007

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

> Dnia czwartek 26 kwiecieĊ„ 2007, Fabien napisaĊ‚:
> >
> > But, maybe something could be done with dcop ?
>
> D-bus rather. Investing time in dcop is now waste of effort.

Does digikam already support d-bus?
(I am still looking for a way to externally steer
digikam to go to a specific image:
the idea is to have a back-link from small thumbs displayed in
google-earth to the actual image. Using a small
local http server, written in python, the transfer could
be done easily. The missing bit is the right dcop/d-bus
command to change to the right folder and image.
For the either direction, select a digikam image with GPS coordinates,
and fly to the position within google earth
I found a small hack to achieve this ...)

Best, Arnd