[Digikam-users] Improving photos

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Apr 18 15:22:07 BST 2007

> The CCD are different than Human eyes and do not restitute the highlight
> properlly. This is why if you want to render an image in the same way than
> human eyes, you need to do High Range picture, using bracketing with
> camera. Typically like this :
>
> - One picture under exposed to get HighLight
> - One picture properlly exposed to get MidLight
> - One picture over exposed to get ShadowLight
>
> ... and afer, you merge all in the same picture, using a specific format
> like OpenEXR  for ex.

I recently found this one, but I have not yet tried it:
http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/
It's Qt4, and seems to be actively maintained. I think they have incorporated
the source of the various command line tools (pfstools etc.)

If you dont have a tripod but shoot at free hands, things may be slightly
displaced. A few days ago I read about this, also pretty interesting:
http://cyrilleberger.blogspot.com/2007/04/aligning-images.html

Marcel