[Digikam-users] Improving photos

Jürgen Flosbach dk juergen.flosbach at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 18 09:41:13 BST 2007

Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some other general digital photography topic.
>
> Not all photos (I'd say minority) is coming from camera ideal.
> Sometimes you need to remove noise, highlight dark areas, improve
> levels.
>
> How often do you use this techniques?
> What are you doing with original photos?
> What techniques do you use?

Just my way.
------------

My objects are :
Landscape, flowers, macros, family, traveling

After shooting the images

create appropriate directory
create directory underneath called "original"
copy all new images into the "original" directory

delete bad images
create descriptions and tags for the good ones
rename, with the batch tool, all remaining images
    according to my naming scheme.
adjust most of my images and save the result in the
    directory above the "original"

adjusting tasks are :
rotate
crop
level
refocus

For more critical tasks I edit the pictures with Gimp ( unfortunately
Gimp doesn't ) keep the exif information.

Currently I shoot my images as JPEGs in highest resolution but maybe I

I'm currently reading information about HDI and DRI.
The following link might be of interest :
http://turtle.as.arizona.edu/jdsmith/exposure_blend.php

--
With regards

Juergen Flosbach