[Digikam-users] Improving photos

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:23:39 BST 2007

2007/4/17, Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>:

> Hello,
>
> Some other general digital photography topic.
>
> Not all photos (I'd say minority) is coming from camera ideal.
> Sometimes you need to remove noise,

Editor can be used for that with Noise Reduction plugin.

highlight dark areas,

Speed way is to  use curves adjust tool and reduce highlight level.

Using RAW file will be better to fix the image duing pixels/bits resolution.

But the highlight is a hard problem with digital camera, because CCD works
weird in highlight.

If you have a FUji camera, the supper CCD is a first approach to fight
hightlight.

With CCD camera, the High Dynamic Range pictures is the best solution, but
only for static subjects.

Of course, a program like Krita witch can work on complex selected area will
be better, be require long correction...

improve
> levels.

Levels Adjust tool and auto-levels can give good work...

How often do you use this techniques?
> What are you doing with original photos?
> What techniques do you use?

There is a lots of articles on the web based generaly on Photoshop. Google
is your friends.

Gilles