[Digikam-users] Impressions about importing pictures

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 13:53:44 BST 2007

Today I ran the import pictures wizard for the first time. I have some
constructive criticism to help make Digikam better.

1) There is no option to delete the photos from the camera. This
necessitates a redundant step for the user: to remove the photos
manually. If he forgets, then there is a chance that the photos will
be reimported to digikam.

2) In the options dialog, there is the possibility to create new
albums based upon date, with the options of ISO, full text, and local
settings. However, the user has no idea how this will look in the end.
A sample example of each option would be nice.

3) I cannot select Download All Photos, it is greyed out. So I must
Select All and then Download selected. How can we enable Download All?

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/