[Digikam-users] problem starting digikam after using kphotoalbum

Gandalf Lechner gandalf.lechner at esi.ac.at
Thu Apr 5 23:45:45 BST 2007

Hi everyone,

I experience the following problem with digikam 0.9.1. The program used to
work fine. Now I had a look at kphotoalbum, this program also read my image
collection and works as expected. Starting digikam after that, however,
causes problems: On startup, the progress in searching for new files stops at
70%. CPU use goes all way up, and the program just does not start any more.
In the console it says several times

Warning: Iop: Pointer to next IFD is out of bounds; ignored.
Warning: Exif: Pointer to next IFD is out of bounds; ignored.

but nothing more. Any suggestions what to do?

Regards,
Gandalf