[Digikam-users] Installation of 0.9 with Ubuntu Dapper

Le Plaisir d'Apprendre cfpa at mouvements.org
Thu Sep 28 06:07:10 BST 2006

I feel so stupid, it was on the same page.

Well guess what: it works perfectly now.

Thanks to all, I really love this new version of digikam.

Just a thing: while I can see my Raw files (canon 350) as thumbnail,
they do not appear when I click to the thumbnail.

Valery

roessli bertrand a écrit :
> you should find libexiv2 at the same link. Did you try?
>
> bertrand
>

> */Valery <valery at valeryphotos.free.fr>/* wrote:
>
>      > I used the following link,
>      >
>      > http://kubuntu.omat.nl/dapper/
>
>     I tried also, and yes it ask for libexiv2.
>
>     It seems that libexiv2 isn't available (at least for Ubuntu) the
>     replacement is libexiv2c2a I have it install but Digikam still ask for
>     libexiv2.
>
>     Don't know what to do.
>
>     Thanks for you help.
>
>     Valery
>
>     roessli bertrand a écrit :
>      > Hello,
>      >
>      > I used the following link,
>      >
>      > http://kubuntu.omat.nl/dapper/
>      >
>      > After installing it should work.
>      >
>      > bertrand
>      >
>      >
>      > */Fabien /* wrote:
>      >
>      > Valery wrote:
>      > > > At the bottom of this page is a script that builds and installs
>      > from
>      > > > svn: http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn
>      > >
>      > > Thanks for your suggestion. In fact I already tried and after
>      > lot's of
>      > > dependency problems (g++) I ended at that message:
>      > >
>      > > checking for KDE... configure: error:
>      > > in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This
>      > will fail.
>      > > So, check this please and use another prefix!
>      > >
>      > > Of course Ubuntu users are using Gnome and not Kde, I know that
>      > Digikam
>      > > is intended for KDE users, but I am using 0.8 (build for Ubuntu)
>      > with so
>      > > much satisfaction, and the 0.9 is a so giant evolution that I
>     really
>      > > would like to be able to use it (it's the IPTC and Exif that I am
>      > > looking for the most).
>      >
>      > Ubuntu is not only about gnome, there's kubuntu and all kde softs are
>      > there...
>      > You should first install current digikam (0.8.2) dependencies with :
>      >
>      > apt-get build-dep digikam
>      >
>      > It would be a good start :)
>      >
>      > You may have to get some more recent packages (exiv2) but I'm not
>      > sure...
>      >
>      > --
>      > Fabien
>      >
>      > Digikam-users mailing list
>      > Digikam-users at kde.org
> [...]

  *Paul Landon - Centre de Formation le Plaisir d'Apprendre - CFPA*
             62 rue Pierre de Coubertin F-14000 Caen FRANCE
    Tel(phone)/fax: [00 33] 0 231 536 012 - http://www.mouvements.org
Envoyé par un ordi sous Linux et 100% logiciels libres / Linux based PC