[Digikam-users] Installation of 0.9 with Ubuntu Dapper

Valery valery at valeryphotos.free.fr
Wed Sep 27 12:58:03 BST 2006

 > At the bottom of this page is a script that builds and installs from
 > svn: http://www.digikam.org/?q=download/svn

Thanks for your suggestion. In fact I already tried and after lot's of
dependency problems (g++) I ended at that message:

checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

Of course Ubuntu users are using Gnome and not Kde, I know that Digikam
is intended for KDE users, but I am using 0.8 (build for Ubuntu) with so
much satisfaction, and the 0.9 is a so giant evolution that I really
would like to be able to use it (it's the IPTC and Exif that I am
looking for the most).

Thanks a lot,

Valery