[Digikam-users] make-error while compiling from svn

Caspar Maessen cmaessen at casco.demon.nl
Tue Sep 26 17:18:19 BST 2006

Op dinsdag 26 september 2006 09:43, schreef Gilles Caulier:

  > Yes. this is my last changes. But try to use automake/autoconf
  > instead.

And where/how do I use these commands. I checked, and both programs are
installed on my machine.

On the digiKam web-page "How to install from svn" it explicitly states
the following commands to compile and install from svn

# make -f Makefile.cvs
# ./configure
# make
# make install

Where do automake and autoconf fit in, and which options and parameters
need to go with them. I know I'm asking the obvious, but I don't know
anything about programming and compiling other than the install-
instructions given with various programsources

Caspar.
--
Major accidents are rare events due to many barriers, safeguards, and
defences developed by modern technologies. But they continue to happen