[Digikam-users] svn version memory usage

Debajyoti Bera dbera.web at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:32:58 BST 2006

Hi
	Ever since I started using digikam-0.9 (built from svn checkout) I observed
digikam has became quite slow. Simple opening the images or changing contrast
etc. is taking quite a long time compared to digikam-0.8.x. Curious, I
checked the memory usage of digikam.

RES is 99MB
(VIRT is 152 MB)
Only 22 MB shared. 99MB RES is a huge amount. I never checked memory usage in
0.8 (it was quite snappy and quick) but I am sure it wasnt this huge. Has
anything changed significantly in digikam-0.9 to cause this behaviour ?
I am running the svn copy as of 7-days old.
I can provide details of memory usage using exmap if required or do some
testing if required.

- dBera