[Digikam-users] extragear/libs/kipi-plugins/gpssync

Julien Narboux Julien.Narboux at inria.fr
Thu Sep 21 14:14:10 BST 2006

Great work !

> The plugin use the Exif time-stamp to correlate GPS data. Accuracy of 30s is used to diff camera and GPS time-stamp.

Does that mean that it interpolates the position between two GPS points?

> Of course, the date of your GPS device and your camera must be set properly (:=))).

I think the GPS devices are always perfectly on time for they gets time
from the satellites.
To compute the offset of the camera a good way is to take a picture of
the clock of the gps. Maybe the offset between the camera and the ps
could be configured using a small help window with two options:
-1- I know the place of this picture (a picture that you have
geolocalized by hand using googlemaps for example)
-2- I know the GPS time of this picture (a picture of the gps device)

Thanks for the good work ! it is another great addition to digikam/kipi.

Julien